Stony Brook University
Photo © [unknown]
Julia Kristeva: A Bibliography
Dissertations and Theses
• Bottom • Library
Homepage • Kristeva Bibliography
Top • Library Homepage • Kristeva Bibliography • Comments
- Barnard, Suzanne, "Reconsidering
psycholinguistics´ project: language as praxis in Lacan
and Kristeva," 1992 (Ph.D. Dissertation, Loyola University of
- Bloom, Michele, "Personals:
A Choreographic Exploration of Subjectivity
and Gender," 1994 (Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Oregon).
- Blumenfeld-Jones, Donald, "Body, Pleasure,
Language and World: A Framework for the Critical Analysis of
Dance Education," 1990 (Ed.D.: The University of North
Carolina at Greensboro).
- Cooklin, Katherine Lowery. "Poststructural
subjects and feminist concerns : an examination of identity,
agency and politics in the works of Foucault, Butler and
Kristeva," (Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Texas, Austin.
- Convento, Elisabetta. "Il génie féminin
o la disseminazione del sé : Kristeva e Colette," 2005
(Ph.D. Dissertation, Université de Paris 8,
Università degli studi, Trento).
- Crocenzi, A. Gina, "Literature, science and
the Absolute : Julia Kristeva and Gaston Bachelard," 2002
(Ph.D. Dissertation, The Catholic University of America).
- Cuddihy, Geraldine. "Journeys in the night : the case of
Julia Kristeva," 2009 (Ph.D. Dissertation, University College,
- de Bruijn, Bonnie, "Female subjectivity and religion
according to Julia Kristeva," 2006 (Ph.D. Dissertation, McGill
- De Lailhacar, Christine, "Écriture and the
character: a study of the notion of writing from recent French
criticism," 1982 (Ph.D. Dissertation, Columbia University).
- De Nooy, Juliana. "Entre autres: Derrida, Kristeva et la
limite entre conceptions et pratiques dualistes et/ou doubles
dans l'écriture théorique française des
années soixante et soixante-dix," 1990 (Ph.D.
Dissertation, Université de Paris VII).
- Ellis, Cameron "Anti-Oedipus en procès ; A
comparative analysis of Kristeva and Deleuze & Guattari,"
2010 (M.A. Thesis, Brook University).
- Fortner, Cynthia, "Marked by affect : Drawing out
Julia Kristeva's performance of abjection," 2005 (Ph.D.
Dissertation, Purdue University).
- Foss, Christofer Craig, "Re-visioning Social Change:
Reading/writing Shelley and Contemporary Theory (Percy Bysshe
Shelley, Fredric Jameson, Julia Kristeva, Hélène
Cixous)," 1995 (Ph.D. Dissertation, The University of
- Gaon, Stella, "Other than Other: Explorations beyond
Dualism," 1992 (Ph.D. Dissertation, Concordia University).
- Girard, Jocelyn, "Fiction d'une théorie :
D'où parle l'oeil dans l'oeuvre de Julia Kristeva,"
(M.A. Thesis, Université du Québec à
- Gleize, Mélanie, Autoréflexivité et
psychanalyse: L'aventure de Julia Kristeva au carrefour
du littéraire et du théorique". 2006 (Ph.D.
Dissertation, Université du Québec a
- Godwin, Sandra, "Mothers on Pedestals: A Look at
Childbirth Advice Books and Julia Kristeva," 1993 (M.A.
Thesis, Boston College).
- Graybeal, Jean McConnell, "Language and the
feminine in Nietzsche and Heidegger." 1986
(Ph.D. Dissertation, Syracuse University).
- Halford, Sarah Ann, "A change of style: the question of
'Feminist Discourse' in the writings of Naomi Goldenberg,
Demaris Wehr and Julia Kristeva," 1990 (Ph.D. Dissertation,
- Harrington, Thea Anne. "Self-writing, self-knowledge:
the figure of autobiography in Hegel, Woolf, Kristeva, and
Proust," 1993 (Ph.D. Dissertation, State University of New
- Healy, Ellen Louise, "Tel Quel and the Formation
of a Postmodern Avant-Garde: French Intellectual Culture Since
1950 (Michel Foucault, Roland Barthes, Jacques
Derrida, Jacques Lacan, Julia Kristeva, Literary Journals),"
1995 (Ph.D. Dissertation, University of California, Los
- Ivantcheva-Merjanska, Irene, "Assia Djebar et Julia
Kristeva : choisir le français comme langue
d'écriture," 2011 (Ph.D. Dissertation, University of
- Jamieson, Christine, "The Significance of the Body in
Ethical Discourse: Julia Kristeva's Contribution to Moral
Theology," 1999 (University of Ottawa, Canada).
- Kim, Chung Wook, "Perching and Flights: John Dewey and
Julia Kristeva as Resources for Rethinking the Appeal to
Experience in Feminist Theology," 1994 (Ph.D. Dissertation,
The University of Chicago).
- Koloszyc, David, "Religion Atheism, and the Crisis of
Meaning in Julia Kristeva's Critique of Modernity," 2010
(Ph.D. Dissertation, McGill University (Canada)).
- Laugier, Valerie, "Kristeva across borders : When writing
"as a woman" is not enough," 1996 (Ph.D. Dissertation, The
University of Texas at Austin).
- Lowe, Lisa, "French literary orientalism: representation
of others in the texts of Montesquieu, Flaubert and
Kristeva," 1986 (Ph.D Dissertation, University of California,
- McAfee, Noelle, "Subjectivity and Citizenship: Habermas
and Kristeva on Agency in the Public Sphere," 1998 (Ph.D.
Dissertation, University of Texas Austin)
- McCredie, Wendy, "Ethics and Poetics: Toward Ethical
Interpretive Praxis (Gide, Adorno, Lacan, Forster, Kristeva)."
1993 (Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Texas at Austin).
- McLeay, Sharon, "Divining self with Kristeva : An
autocritical exploration into five mother/daughter memoirs,"
2004 (Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Calgary, Canada).
- Meda, Marie-Paule, "Identité , déplacement
et différence dans trois textes autobiographiques
féminins (Roy, Cardinal, Kristeva)," 1995 (Ph.D.
Dissertation, University of British Columbia).
- Moore, Kendra, "The subject in the writings of Kristeva,
Irigaray, and Wittig: some political implications." 1984.
(M.A. Thesis, Columbia University).
- Nikolchina, Miglena, "Meaning and Matricide: Reading
Woolf via Kristeva," 1993 (Ph.D. Dissertation, The University
of Western Ontario).
- Paquet, Gilbert, "Sémiotique et production de
sens chez Julia Kristeva," 1987 (M.A. Thesis,
- Park, Sung-sin. "Psychoanalytic theories of the mother on
Julia Kristeva's abject body of the mother and semiotic Chora
inscribed within the infant," 2004 (M.A. thesis, Drew
- Perez-Arias, Julia. "La literatura como cura en la obra
de Julia Kristeva," 2004 (Ph.D. Dissertation, Universidad
Complutense de Madrid).
- Pierce, Sarah, "Documents of Abjection: Kristeva, Art
and the Body," 1994 (M.F.A. Thesis, Cornell University).
- Reniers, Paul, "A Spatial Poetics of the Novel:
Bakhtin/Kristeva/A Passage to India," Masters
Abstracts International, 1991 (M.A. Thesis, Simon
- Riboni, Josiane Leclerc, "Des Mandarins aux
Samouraïs: la fin d'un mythe," 1995 (Ph.D. Dissertations,
University of Cincinnati).
- Rogers, Lynne Dumont, "Restructuring through Narrative:
A Kristevan Approach to Selected Works of Juan Goytisolo,
Tahar Ben Jelloun and Mohammed Khair-Eddine," 1993 (Ph.D.
Dissertation, University of Connecticut).
- Rudelic Fernandez, Dana. "De la transmodalisation:
étude des rapports entre les modalités
narratives et dramatiques du texte en littérature et
psychanalyse," 1991 (Ph.D. Dissertation: Université de
- Scala, Elisabetta, "Deconstruction and Subjectivity in
Cixous, Irigaray and Kristeva," 1990 (M.A. Thesis, University
- Schippers, Birgit, "The politics of marginality : A
critical assessment of the ideas of Julia Kristeva and Judith
Butler," 2005 (Ph.D. Dissertation, Queen's University of
- Schemanske, Mark, "A Hex on the Cradle and Death in the
Pot: A Kristevan Analysis of the Poetry of Sylvia Plath," 1992
(Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Georgia).
- Schnabl Schweitzer, Carol, "The stranger's voice : Julia
Kristeva's relevance for a pastoral theology for women
struggling with depression," 2002 (Ph.D. Dissertation,
Princeton Theological Seminary).
- Schwarz, Anette, "Melancholie: Figuren und orte einer
Stimmung," 1992 (Ph.D. Dissertation, The Johns Hopkins
- Smith, Lauren, "Tales of Love, Tales of Revolution:
Agency in Kristeva Theory," 1991. (M.A. Thesis, University of
- Soderback, Fanny, "Time for change : On time and
difference in the work of Kristeva and Irigaray," 2010 (Ph.D.
Dissertation, New School University).
- Tarpey, Grace, "The Other of Subjectivity in Kristeva
and Levinas: For an Ethics-of-Love," 1994. (Ph.D.
Dissertation, Monash University).
- Tieszen, Nancy, "Julia Kristeva's Theory of the
Signifying Subject as Presented in La révolution du
langage poétique," 1990 (M.A. Thesis, Miami
- Yang, Jung-Tsung, "Kristeva: Tracing the return of the
repressed maternal body," 1997 (Ph.D. Dissertation, University
of Texas, Austin).
Hélène Volat ©1999. All
rights reserved. Last revised 20 November 2011.